The arrival at Formentera is via the island of Ibiza, which can be accessed by air or by sea from several mainland ports: Valencia, Denia and Barcelona. The company Balearia joins the ports of Denia and Formentera directly in the high season.
Once in Ibiza, reaching the port of La Savina, the only way to go in and out of the island, is possible with several shipping companies that operate routes every day of the week with different intensity depending on the season.
It takes 25 minutes from Ibiza to Formentera and runs between the numerous islets located between the two islands: Espalmador, Penjats, Malvins, Porcs...
HOW TO GET TO THE ISLAND OF IBIZA
Ibiza can be reached by sea through several companies that link the island via the ports of Ibiza Town and San Antonio with the ports of Denia, Valencia, Alicante and Barcelona.
If you arrive at the port of Ibiza Town you can go walking (500 meters) to take the boats to Formentera.
If you arrive at the port of San Antonio, the distance to the Ibiza town is 15 km. You have several options:
1. By bus: You can take the bus at the bus station situated at 200 meters. It runs every 30 minutes.
2. 2. By taxi: The taxi rank is 200 meters from the port, on the promenade. Radio Taxi telephone is (0034) 971 34 37 64 and it costs 25€ approximately to the port of Ibiza.
By air the island of Ibiza is well connected to all major European cities. The airport of Ibiza has several options to get to the maritime station Formentera:
1. By bus: Every 30 minutes the Bus Line 10 connects the Airport with the port of Ibiza. You can check timetables and prices at (0034) 971 340 412/971 340,382 or www.Ibizabus.com .The bus stop is at the exit of the terminal just to the right.
2. By taxi: The taxi rank is in front of the exit door of the arrivals terminal. The airport has two taxis adapted for disabled people. If you need one and they are not at the stop, you can call Radio Taxi San Jose (0034) 971 800 080. It costs 14€ approximately.
3. Car rental. The airport's main access to the port of Ibiza is the PM-801.
A) FROM IBIZA
Formentera has no airport so the only way to reach the island of Formentera is by sea. From the island of Ibiza separates us a pleasant and short journey of 30 minutes by high-speed boats and one hour in conventional boats, which becomes the best tour to begin to savor your vacation in our Island.
• REGULAR LINE: There are several shipping companies covering line-Ibiza-Formentera and Formentera- Ibiza. You need to check the timetables according to the season.
If you travel without vehicle, you do not need to book the ticket, it can be purchased at the office from the port before boarding on the next journey, always available except for some occasion during the month of August. If you travel with a vehicle, it is recommended to book in advance.
• BY TAXI BOAT: If you arrive at the port of Ibiza after the last regular line boat, there is the possibility to rent a taxi nautical. They are fast boats with a maximum capacity of 10 passengers.
B) FROM DENIA
During the summer and at several occasions there is a direct line or stopping in the port of Ibiza which links the port of Denia to Formentera by shipping companies like Iscomar or Balearia. The high-speed boats make the crossing in two hours and traditional boats take 4 hours to make the crossing.
ARRIVAL AT THE PORT OF LA SAVINA
In the port of La Savina, old fishing port, you will find a modern maritime station and transport services (car rental, bus line and taxis), and a full offer of bars, restaurants and hostels.